Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life Lessons



The Lessons begin. Today's lesson shall be on focus. One must not be so distracted. When, for example, one is making coffee in an Icelandic Coffee maker one does not understand, one should not step away from the stove. When one is trying out the hair iron with the voltage converter one bought in the states, one should not trust that it should function as one had hoped. Subsequently, when one is disposing of the $89 (now melted) Chi hairiron into the plastic bag lined trash can, one should make sure that it has cooled.

After cleaning up coffee grinds for several hours following the coffee pot explosion one has want of reflection. There was a woman on the bus from the airport speaking with another woman about her "stuck creativity". She kept saying, "I've just got to focus. I've just got to focus!" Chanting it like a mantra. She was driving me nuts. Perhaps there is a message in there for me.

My Apartment in Vestmannaeyjar above: the red one in the center, taken from the ocean, and below: the living room - art by my landlord Oddur.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Joanne!

This is wonderful. I am so happy for you...and a little bit jealous, I'll admit, but mostly happy for you.

What a wonderful experience! I love reading this, and your pictures on facebook were stunning...

wow. what a place and what an adventure!!!

go Iceland!