Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today 7.30.08





Three weeks of wind
and rain and the word
and the page and just
when all seemed black
and unjust, the sun_


Like a guest, a star
shining warm like
a promise that
won't be kept long

Weeks to go and all
words spent walking
now a luxury that
used to be a task
horses horses horses

Palomino broke free of
the fence again and
naughty but safe in
sight and protection of

Corralled comrades
munches the long grass
Blazes green in the sun
by the side of the road


and the

Ocean smells salty
and sweet and the sheep_
suspicious old women_ stare
at you and I laying sleepy
in the long grass
by the side of the road

and the

Sky goes
up and up and up

1 comment:

Scott said...

I love your Iceland blog. I read through the whole thing in one sitting! The pics are great!!!
Hahaha- my reviews aren't that well written, but i enjoy stating my opinions, and have no shame in bashing something...hopefully it won't ever come back to haunt me.